Camera Play

Thursday, January 1, 2009


So... today I was going to work. I was going to work on essays, homework, projects, memorization... but then I fell asleep. I got about 115 pages into Bill Richardson's autobiography [yay!] but realized that Indian food and going to bed at 3am make you exceedingly tired. So I took a half hour nap, woke up, and suddenly didn't want to work anymore. Instead, I talked to Heathy about news headlines and played around with my camera [and finally read the manual - who knew there was such good information in there?] which, consequently, produced this image. I finally know what Av means! [Aperture value] and have been testing it to make the background blurry for my self portrait [which features a scarf that's normally tied around the knob of my drawer] So, I give you, Jan. 2! Except not really, because I realized it's actually still Jan. 1 even though it feels like a day ago when I put up the last picture. Ehehe...

Oh, and here was the best scenic memory of the day!
*on the phone with Heathy*
Heathy: It was funny because I saw the lights flashing 2 miles away about 2 minutes ago and was thinking 'someone's speeding!'
Heathy's Mom (in the background): Yeah, I saw a cop car just drive past.
Me: What if the cop was speeding?
Heathy: *laughter* Fred, I saw you... Darn it. Or it could be like, before the slip of paper is sent out, a guy standing next to the copier, uh printer! And someone comes in and is like 'what are you doing?' 'nothing...' '*picks up ticket* is this you?' 'maybe.... *backs away slowly*'
Me: Ah, the crazy cops speeding paradox...
Heathy: I think we could have a 5 minute TV show every day.
Me: Yeah, like a minute long Youtube video!
Heathy: Yeah, that'd be awesome!

That it would, Heathy, that it would. Maybe if we ever decide to make our show, this will be our first script. You never know...

Check out some more posts featuring my photography.