Project Check-In: Finding Work

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Over spring break, I spent most of my days listening to podcasts, watching movies, eating junk food, and basically morphing into a typical suburban teenager for just a week. No work, no classes, nothing but self-managed time...
But, after all that amorphous time to do nothing, I have to get back to the real world. Especially at Barnard, we are constantly asked to be productive and forward-thinking. Right now, I am working on emailing people, sending applications, and basically hoofing it to get some work in Seattle for the summer and perhaps an internship for the fall. Will it work out? All I can do is hope. And, being without a ton of experience yet, it seems like hope is all I can ever do.

Anyone who has tips on being pro-active and staying motivated through the application process, please send them along in the comments. I would definitely appreciate it!

Read some of my own answers to the productivity question.
You may also be interested in some of my various lists of tips and tricks.