Tales from the Sick Bed

Monday, March 15, 2010


I just found out today that I have been diagnosed with pneumonia. Hooray.
It's both good and bad that it happened during spring break; I get time to rest and don't have to do a bunch of schoolwork. But, at the same time, I can't really go outside that much and so I can't go adventuring as much. And there are less people to take care of me, so I can't even loaf over to the dining hall to get food - I guess this is what it's like to get sick when you're living on your own.

Anyway, I still have a review to put up! Last week, I spent some time downtown and we stopped into a small burger joint called Paul's Hamburgers. It was another one of those quirky places with interesting wall decorations and a don't-mess-with-me attitude. Although I felt that the staff was a little terrifying because they acted terse, they had excellent burgers! I ate the second burger I have ever had in my life there and it was delicious.
I didn't feel that I could sit there for very long to write because the atmosphere was something like a biker stop where you eat on the run, but if I were to go back I would write in the time before they delivered my meal (as I did this time). Throughout the restaurant they had a medley of ironic signs and since the grill was open for the public to see, you could easily write about the thoughts going on in the minds of the workers there. All very intriguing.
I've found a lot of interesting restaurants downtown that provide me with canon fodder for stories, but I wonder what else is in the uptown area. Maybe I should start checking that out.


Read more of my writing in strange places reviews.
And check out some more posts featuring my photography.