Mother

Tuesday, March 17, 2009


Mother

Picture Dictionary is back! Mother was my word today - apparently the reason that it sounds so similar cross-culturally is because there are root words for it in many of the base languages (mat in Sanskrit and mater in Latin, etc.) according to Word Nerd. I had always wondered about that actually... not sure why.
Other than that, today was slow as all nonsense. School, tennis pictures, paying off items, convincing people to go to tolo... you know, regular stuff. Joshka is back to being a friend of mine [hoorah!] but other than that, no social development. I have got to start doing something creative again.
And, as I sat here in this very state of mind, I got the email.
ScriptFrenzy is in April and the NaNoWriMo people encourage everyone to do it! So I shall... 100 pages of scripted work in 30 days [whoo!] Hopefully this will recharge my creative juices and get me moving on something outside of school. Vikram and My Avatar this Friday will fuel my creative spice, tolo will fuel my energy, and then I can sprint off the blocks and venture into that new type of writing that I have worked with but never tried. Good luck, me!
Anyway, for now life is just a mess of tests and unattractive work opportunities. Thank goodness I have nothing to do today - a little rest period, you know?
Au revoir!

Check out some more posts featuring my photography.