What God Has Given Me

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I believe I should count what I have received in my life. If I am not satisfied, I have been spoiled too long.
- I am thankful for my family, being alive and healthy.
- I am thankful to live in this country, with a house, provided for.
- I am thankful for my cats, who understand my mood swings.
- I am thankful for my best friends, Kita and Heathy and Chels and Ka-chan, who have been there for me when needed and even when not.
- I am thankful that I get to learn, have the chances.
- I am thankful for my health, my eyesight, and my nearly perfect teeth.
- I am thankful for my passion, the need to write, the opportunity to do so.
- I am thankful for the ability to read and understand.
- I am thankful for my emotions, which range far and wide, from love to tristesse.
- I am thankful for music.
- I am thankful for being able to watch the seasons change.
- I am thankful for being 17 and not dead and gone.
- I am thankful that I can work with my hands, knit, craft.
- I am thankful that my body is warm.
- I am thankful that I can breathe, in and out.
- I am thankful to take yoga, and the venture to unlock myself.
- I am thankful for knowing, for watching the news, for learning the world.
- I am thankful to be introspective; a little girl masquerading in her mother's shoes.
- I am thankful to be able to think about the future.
- I am thankful for photographs, memory books, and the visions of the mind's eye.
- I am thankful for being able to love.