ScrapBag

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I found the pattern that I made up for this really simple bag and I thought I'd put it up so as to showcase a very simple and very cool book bag. Enjoy!

ScrapBag
Materials:
Use 3 balls of worsted weight yarn (any colors as long as they look harmonious) and size 4 US circular needles (2).
Instructions:
- Make a sl knot out of each yarn and put on needle in order shown below
- CO 120 sts in color pattern
- Join in the round
- K using the chart below for each row
- Make 14 reps of the 3 rows or K until 12” long
- Split sts to 2 needles and Kitchener st closed
Finishing:
- Make 2 I-cords for handles using all 3 colors at once until each is 18” long
- Pin handles 2" down from the top edge of bag
- Sew handles to bag and weave in all ends
O M X
M X O
X O M
or
X M O
O X M
M O X
Key:
X = medium color
O = lightest color
M = darkest color

Check out some more knitting that I've done, in particular this amazing skirt project!