Farewell, America!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In less than 24 hours, I'll be on a plane. Waiting for an 18 hour flight to begin and counting down the hours until I am halfway across the world - further abroad than I've ever been in my life. And I'll be amidst people who look like me. Any guesses as to where I'm headed? I'll give you a hint: it starts with a Bangla- and ends with an -desh.
That's right, I'll be heading to the mother country for the entire break. Three and a half weeks of balmy weather that is the polar opposite of Manhattan right now. Three and a half weeks of family, new experiences in a new country, amazing photographic opportunities, and time without a cell phone or a laptop.
Can I say that again? No cell phone and no laptop. It scares me just to think about it. But that means that I won't be posting up anything for the next three and a half weeks unless I get the rare opportunity to get on the internet for an extended period of time. You'll hear from me some time in January, with a plethora of amazing stories and lived experiences. Or so I hope.

On another note, although it is a little late for the Tuesday Project x Project post, I finished my skirt! I actually got buttons, if you can believe it. I feel so accomplished to have finished everything before I left Enjoy the pictures below, and have a great winter!





Check out some more knitting projects that I've done.
And take a look at some of the photography that came as a result of my trip to Bangladesh at my DeviantArt.