A Week in Pictures & Socks and Shoes

Sunday, March 4, 2012

This week is the final one before spring break for me, in which time I have to devote my brain power to studying for a tough midterm and readying myself for the visit of my best friend, Heathy. It's going to be a great (and tiring) week, so instead of posting my usual series of long written posts, I'm going to do short fiction and opinion pieces relating to pictures that I have taken throughout 2011 and 2012. Let me know what you think of the change of pace!


When Mara Mori made that special pair of socks, she never thought about the shoes that would go with them. The shoes I had were worn down at the heels and patchy, like someone had mended them again and again with whatever stiff cloth they could find. I wore those shoes day in and day out, trudging back and forth from school with a scowl on my face to keep people from asking questions. "Where are your winter boots, Aubergine? Why are you wearing such strange socks?" At the time, I couldn't think of a sound reply other than "mind your own business." Even when I got a new pair of shoes that year, I still felt just as protective.