My Staycation (or Why I've Been Off the Internet and Into the World)

Sunday, March 18, 2012


This past week, I've been conspicuously absent from the online world. Instead, I was out in the city, experiencing the much-anticipated week of freedom known as spring break. Rather than heading back to Seattle, my best friend from home and I gallivanted through the city and had a blast. Sometimes when living in NYC, you forget how cool the city really is due to getting bogged down in work or other necessities. This week was all about celebrating the city in all its quirky glory. I'll be writing a bit more about some of the events we attended, but for now, here's a sample:

- "Big Sexy," a talk with Tiffany Bank - Taping of the John Oliver Show - "Formosa" by Kelly Tsai at the Museum of Chinese in America - Traveling to Connecticut (for some nature) - Book shopping at Bluestockings, thrift shopping, and chowing down at my favorite locales - Spending an entire 8 hour day at the Met -