Chopped

Monday, November 14, 2011

This weekend, I decided to make a drastic change...


...or two.

I have been wanting to donate my long hair and get a nose piercing for a while, but I had not had the gumption to do it. I still don't know what gave me the impetus to do it, but Saturday just felt right.

Now, before you ask, here are the answers to the two most common questions I have gotten these past few days:

1. Did the nose piercing hurt? -- Yes, but much less than my earrings. And I was lying down for it so it was a different experience, more like yoga meditation than extreme anxiety.

2. How did you feel about getting your hair cut? -- Lightheaded. In both senses of the word. I got really nervous when the hair first was being snipped off (my hands were really clenched together then!), and afterward my head just moved so easily on my neck that I felt like it was 20 pounds lighter.

I have really enjoyed this experience and feel very different, but very excited about the changes. It was, I believe, just the right time.

If you're interested, you should read my personal hair-story from two years ago.