Today, I'm giving a brief list, in no particular order, of expectations I have of the U.S. government. So brief, in fact, that I will constrain myself to one pithy sentence each - which will be a strain on my typically long-winded writing style. Here it goes.
1. Keep AT&T from absorbing T-Mobile because its a Mc-monopoly about to happen.
2. Focus on domestic issues before dipping your toes into international waters.
3. Encouraging youth to vote and to become representatives, bring us out of unicorn status, and create a more representative democracy.
4. Trust Muslims - full stop.
5. Emphasize the power of local politics, so we don't elect the same person for 30+ years because they're familiar.
6. Give me some transparency and diversity, so that I know a) what's going on, and b) that privilege and power are kept in check.
Check out some of my other lists and my pieces on political participation and how to get youth involved in politics.