Project x Project: Sweaterdress Fantasies

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ok, so I know that summer is approaching. And I know that my attire will soon be changing from heavy winter coats and thick stockings to light dresses and t-shirts.

But I am still fantasizing about a sweaterdress.


Ever since making my skirt project, I have wanted to move onto other sorts of knitted clothing. I have had a few sweater-making fiascos in the past, but I hope that this time I can get everything just right and make me a fabulous sweaterdress. This will be my great summer project, something to move slowly and carefully on, something to ponder about endlessly until it finally comes to fruition.


Here are some of the patterns I've been contemplating*:




 I would have to knit this one in a different color...


This one's from Berroco!

This one is from a Ravelry user: morganlafee!

Don't they all look fabulous? I am always drawn to the patterned ones, but I am unsure about whether I can handle doing a pattern on a sweater while also attempting to make it fit correctly. We shall see soon enough!


*Disclaimer: I do not own any of these patterns. They are offered through their respective websites.


Check out what else I've been knitting.