Nerd Girl Inc: "Bad" Music

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Does anyone get cravings for the music you listened to as a kid? Even if it was terrible teenybopper nonsense or something that went out of style years ago? I'll be the first to admit that I have those cravings all the time.
Yesterday night I got infected with it - singing "Underneath Your Clothes" by Shakira under my breath before I went to sleep. I went through an Alicia Keys "Diary" binge earlier this week. But today was the day that I realized: almost my entire Sansa is filled with the uncool music of my past!
Maybe it's just because I'm not a music person, so I haven't updated my collection to fit my new Pandora settings, but I was listening to some hardcore A*Teens, Christina Aguilera, M2M and No Doubt today. Toss in some soundtracks - Spirited Away and all the James Bond symphonic versions - and you've got a total nerd on your hands.
What are your childhood guilty pleasure songs? Do you ever just want to bop to some Britney? Or TLC? Destiny's Child, Justin Timberlake? Hanson? Say it loud and proud, y'all!

If you're looking for some more music ("bad" or otherwise), take a look at the Musical Interlude series!