The Glory of Filbert

Friday, January 23, 2009


Filbert! It did not occur to me to use my beautiful knitted snake in a photoshoot - until today!
On completely different notes, today is the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend [which really doesn't mean much when you think about it... I'm still going to be working on stuff for school - it just means that I get a little party time in excess]. Both Ka-chan's birthday party and Sophia's going away party are happening this weekend [and I am going to be heading out at 7pm tonight to go dance the night away in crazy mournfulness and happiness at the same time] and so I am hoping that I can take a break for a while... I'll tell you how it goes.
I really am not feeling very interesting today [and as well strapped for time and pressured and all of those usual emotions that flood me when a bunch of projects are due and I am trying to juggle them alongside time for myself] but I will tell you this - I tried out the waking up at 5am and going to bed at 9pm regimen for the last two days and it actually worked.
I feel a lot better in the morning and I spend that time usually doing something that is completely for me - I read National Geographic yesterday (which I had totally been meaning to do for like... ever) and then did Speak work this morning. It is so much less pressure to work when the times are separated. And I've actually been pretty good on getting my work done in the 4 hours that I have between getting home and bed [although it still freaks me out every time because in the adjustment period I am hyperventilating over not having enough time *need to breathe*] In general, however, I think I might adopt this policy for the rest of the school year.
Anyway, people are going to be converging on my house within minutes, so I better type fast and get going. Bye!

Check out some more posts featuring my photography.