E.R. Exclusive

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Agh, what a way to spend the extra day I have off from school because of the teacher's strike. In the hospital, with severe shortness of breath and dying from waiting in a cold room for 6 different doctors to come and aid me.
Last night was horrible, we thought it was going to just be a little allergy attack like the night before (I was unable to do Ramadan for the last two days because of this) but then it started acting like the flu. I threw up multiple times, couldn't breathe, and was coughing so bad that we eventually decided to get professional help. Days like this just make me wonder why I'm alive.
They tried to give me pills and things, but I don't trust that. I took the mister thing and the chest X-ray and they prescribed an inhaler [which I accept] and some steroids [which I will not]. After a few hours, it helped out, but it was 6:30am when we got back and everyone was dead tired. Da called in that he was going to stay home today and I conked out until 2pm. Obviously, and sadly, couldn't go to the rally for the teacher's strike.
*sigh* Well, I guess all's well that ends well. At least I'm not dead nor did the X-ray point to anything horrible like fluid in the lungs or something. But they gave us some information on hyper-reactive lung [bronchospasm?] syndrome and I read something about emotional stress also being one of the causes - maybe this is where the hyperventilation thing came from.
Who knows? All I know is that I'm going to try and eat something and hopefully keep it down.