Reading at the Eyes on Bangladesh Exhibit!

Monday, March 24, 2014



Calling all New Yorkers: I'm excited to announce that this Saturday at 6pm I will be reading as part of the Eyes on Bangladesh photography exhibit! The exhibit is showcasing the work of Bengali photographers who show a different side of Bangladesh not often seen in the West, and wants to begin a dialogue between first and second generation Bangladeshis.

I will be reading a piece written in response to one of the amazing photographers being shown, specifically the powerful Taslima Akhter, a labor rights activist who is most famously known for her work documenting the Rana factory collapse and the Tazreen factory fire. I am honored to be reading a piece inspired by her work and cannot wait to see what the other creators have to share as well!

Doors open at 5:30pm, so come early and I hope to see you there! Also, check out the rest of their programming over on the Eyes on Bangladesh website.