Things I Have Been Doing Instead of Writing...

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

All I want to do is write.

I've been feeling that more and more as I've sunk back in to the school routine, focusing on lab reports and group meetings and work. But - and I hate to be the cliched writer that always says this - there doesn't seem to be a lot of time for writing. Instead I've been...

- Writing lab reports, drawing skeletons, and reading books on Afro-Asian interactions in American history.
- Leading meetings and holding office hours.
- Presenting workshops on mental health and narratives at the ECAASU (East Coast Asian American Student Union) conference.
- Getting sick.
- Working to launch As[I]Am, an Asian American social justice website project that I am working on through Sadie Nash (speaking of which, y'all should check out the call for submissions and submit!).
 - Fitting in food, exercise, and sleep.
 - Reading and copying and writing about zines.
 - Keeping my relationships as healthy as possible with all of that stuff going on.

And I enjoy it. Well, most of it - there are some required classes that rub me the wrong way and there are some points when even meditation doesn't help me to quiet the thoughts and just be present. And I still want time to write. But there are some challenges that are do-able and then there are those you have to let go, and for now I'm treading water with all the things that I'd like to do in between those that I must.