A Little At A Time...

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

While much of NYC (and the East coast in general) is experiencing the intense ramifications of tropical storm Sandy, I am here safe, with power, and all my amenities. I feel extremely blessed that the storm just scared me, but didn't affect me much otherwise - our part of Manhattan is on a hill and fairly secure. I would like to extend my sympathies to all the people that are going through a much harder time right now.

I was definitely reminded during the storm of all the things that we take for granted. Although nothing was physically changed for me, I thought about all the ways in which we hold ourselves back or wait for the right moment to do The Big Things. I think that for a while now, I've been ignoring my own personal Big Things in favor of getting through the everyday things - work and school and whatever else. It reminded me to start small.

I'll be coming back to writing in the next few weeks, but perhaps on a different production schedule. As much as I love trying to get a daily blog post out, it's just not conforming to my everyday life. So I'll be experimenting for a bit and see what happens. For now, stay safe and dry!