Back in the Big Apple

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Every time I move somewhere, I think it's going to be easier.

I'm under that illusion that moving across the country is the least of my difficulties, now that I've moved halfway around the world and can say that I have some major life experiences under my belt. But then it's 6am and we've just landed, I've left some part of my luggage at home, and I haven't eaten since nearly twelve hours ago. And that's just when I have to start unpacking the room.

I get a little crazy around move-in, it's true, but the other side of it is that it's really fantastic to be back in a place that is completely mine. I have a room where I can express all my little wants and desires of personality, where people are supportive and creative and smart, and where regardless of how crazy I get on one day, there will always be another one that is jampacked and ready for the energy I am going to bring to it.

But before I get into a litany of speeches about how I love being back in NYC, I should say that the busy nature of this week is going to make blogging spotty. But fear not! More pictures and more short posts are on their way. For now, I will let you savor.