Caught My Eye: The Thing that Gets You Through

Thursday, January 12, 2012

This week, rather than focusing on a specific book, article, movie, or art piece that touched me, I want to give a list of all the things that have gotten me through this week and continue to make me feel strong in a time of great weakness. In different ways, for different reasons, these pieces of media have made me think and brought me some entertainment, laughter, and peace. Hopefully they can give you just as much strength as they have given me.

The Moth podcast, particularly the stories by Charlene Strong and Elif Shafak.

Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns) in audiobook form, which she herself reads and is hilarious because of it.

The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes - a book given to me by my father as a New Year's gift.

Corinne Bailey Rae's music.