On Where I've Been Lately: Finals, Blogging, and Time

Sunday, December 18, 2011


These past few weeks have marked the end of my first semester as a college junior. I have completed 1/3 of my final exams and am gearing up for the final push to the end of semester. I fell into burnout mode more readily than I wanted to - the need for rest was like a literal boulder on my chest and I honestly couldn't have put out a word of inspirational writing even if I had wanted to. I even had to cut short correspondences to my friends because they all came out the same: "How are you?" "Good. Tired." End quote.

This week, as we approach the last bit of finals and the start of a long sojourn from our studies, I have been mulling about in my own head. I have a lot of creative energy that wants to put itself out there, but little motivation to do anything but sleep till noon and perhaps watch some James Bond movies. It's not as bad as it sounds - I have been brainstorming ways to re-purpose our suite's zillion plastic and paper grocery bags and have been genuinely enjoying myself. But I have been missing the blogosphere and its regular kick-in-the-butt way of getting me to write my daily piece. Thus, this week I am returning to my regular blog schedule and will hopefully be beefing it up as I enter a period of almost complete and total autonomy over my actions.

If I had a sign to put on my door this break, it would read: Expect greatness to come.