CED: Sweaters to Wear and Zines to Read

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I haven't been creative every day for a while (although, yesterday's zine-making video clearly kicked me into high gear), but I have been thinking about it just as much. So, it was time to put my money where my mouth is and start creating again! Here are my three newest projects:


I started this sweater back in the summertime, but shelved it due to increased working hours and lowered sleep levels. I am proud to say that it came out wonderfully - it is the first sweater that I've made that actually fits me, and that is something that deserves a round of applause.


Yesterday, I read at a zine event called Meet Me at the Race Riot, which kickstarted me into making an entirely new zine. I've had this impetus for a while now, but the deadline really pushed me from the brink of "I'll get around to it" into the ravine of "I need to get this done now." Here is the lovely result! You can get it in print or in a PDF if you email me - I have elected not to put up this edition electronically just yet.


And the final image is one of my on-the-job projects: I help put together this board for the Meet Me at the Race Riot event - it's got a vector image of myself holding a sign and a bunch of amazing zinesters' works put up there - my job is the coolest!

Check out some past Creative Every Day postings, some of my other knitting adventures, or perhaps some more of my zines and paper art.