The Q: What/Who Made You Think About Your Identity?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

This week, I have shared a bit about my racial identity, so I want to turn it over to you:

What or who in your life has made you think about your identity, for good or for ill? And what did you value most about that experience?

Identity can take many forms: racial, national, gender, sexual orientation, philosophical, spiritual, even your picky eater-itude! Let me know in the comments, Tweet me a response @thecowation, or email me at jordanalam@gmail.com. Next week, I'll put up your answers to this question for everyone to read.

Yay, audience participation! And have a Happy Father's Day!

Want to read more about identity before the answers go up next week? Check out my review of Colonize This!, a book of essays by women of color approaching feminism.